“A delicious blend of Chicken, spaghetti and mushrooms cooked in a creamy white sauce and flavored with sherry”
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In|
|15 minutes||45 minutes||1 hour|
Serves around 4
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat, and gradually stir in chicken broth and cream.
- Return to heat, and bring to a low boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add sherry, then stir in cooked spaghetti, mushrooms, and chicken. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.